Why I can't vote for John McCain Part 1

Ok, I'm Sorry that this one has taken so long.
But every time I think it's done, he does or says something else utterly ridiculous. Seriously, I've been writing this since before he picked Sarah Palin. That pick alone disqualifies him for so many reasons.
I think this is turning into a top ten list,(in no order) and probably not the only one being that I can't even get to the policies yet....

10 - A Maverick, eh?
Note this verbatim exchange with the late Tim Russert:
RUSSERT:
"It is interesting. The Washington Post put up these numbers. Hillary Clinton has an 81 percent approval among Dems; 55 percent approval amongst Independents; 20 with the GOP. You have a 59 percent approval with Democrats; 59 with Independents; and just 56 with Republicans. And what people point to — and this is an article in your hometown paper, the Arizona Republic, "At Odds With Bush. John McCain repeatedly has taken maverick positions that have put him at odds with President Bush's administration, and rankled his party's right wing. Among McCain's stances that differ from those of Bush: tax cuts ... war ... domestic spending ... campaign-finance reform ... Medicare ... drug importation ... stem-cell research ... environment ... patients' rights ... judicial appointments ... 2004 campaign," and particularly the rhetoric about John Kerry. The fact is you are different than George Bush."


SEN. McCAIN:
"No. No. I — the fact is that I'm different but the fact is that I have agreed with President Bush far more than I have disagreed. And on the transcendent issues, the most important issues of our day, I've been totally in agreement and support of President Bush. So have we had some disagreements on some issues, the bulk — particularly domestic issues? Yes. But I will argue my conservative record voting with anyone's, and I will also submit that my support for President Bush has been active and very impassioned on issues that are important to the American people. And I'm particularly talking about the war on terror, the war in Iraq, national security, national defense, support of men and women in the military, fiscal discipline, a number of other issues. So I strongly disagree with any assertion that I've been more at odds with the president of the United States than I have been in agreement with him.


09- Sarah Palin: The committee that got together and picked Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be McCain's running mate, should be beaten:
a) For thinking that we are so shallow and stupid that we would miss the total cynicism and duplicitous nature of this pick. They do in fact, think we're stupid, actually.On the fact that Sarah Palin has been found to be a liar,
Republican strategist John Feehery is quoted saying that facts are less important than the dominant themes that are forming voters' opinions of the candidates. Here's the quote:

"The more the New York Times and The Washington Post go after Sarah Palin, the better off she is, because there's a bigger truth out there and the bigger truths are she's new, she's popular in Alaska and she is an insurgent," Feehery said. "As long as those are out there, these little facts don't really matter."


b) Never has one so inexperienced and unqulified been so close to the Presidency... Wait, my bad. There was one... (think 2000-2008)

08 - 90% pro Bush votes over the last 4 years
But He's a 'Maverick'


07 - Where is Spain, Sen. McCain?

What is your Foreign Policy position?


06 - John doesn't speak for the McCain campaign

05 - John is a man of situational ethics

04 - Is John a racist?

03 - John McCain is a Liar... (Yes I Know ALL politicians are liars...)


02 - Sarah Palin is a Liar too...

01 - The Fundamentals of the Economy are Strong

More to follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lisa C. Pemberton 1964-2011

Examining the tithe

Thabiti or T.D. what do 'we' folk prefer?