Rodent Redux

So, some 4 months after the death of the second of the two original immigrants (Brownie and Cream, the hamsters RIP) we have a new one, at least he is new to us. You know, like the BMW commercial, he’s certified pre-owned. Aquilla (his given name, but I will here after refer to him as ‘Fred’) was a gift from a family in our homeschool group. They had to give Fred up because their new kitten was terrorizing him. On the surface, it already appears that Fred and I have a lot in common. We are both male, mammals, approaching middle age, are fathers, and have hairy chins. Actually that’s about all we have in common. He arrived yesterday.
I kinda kept my distance, since he was a bit jittery, what with being in a new place and all. But today, early this morning, I went into my daughter’s room, a piece of carrot in hand, and introduced myself. We took a moment to cautiously check eachother out, then he took the carrot. So far so good…
It’s actually kind of good having another guy in the house. The last two rodents were female, and Harold the fish didn’t live long enough for us to bond, so…
We’ll see how this thing plays itself out. Stay tuned…
Oh, why Fred? Simple, I just love the way James Brown calls Fred Wesley out in
The J.B.’s 1973 classic “Doing it to death”, and then Fred gets COMPLETELY Funky with his solo…
Check it out here:

Now I don’t think that this Fred will be quite that funky, though I did see that his turds are quite a bit bigger than the hamsters’ were…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lisa C. Pemberton 1964-2011

Examining the tithe

Thabiti or T.D. what do 'we' folk prefer?