Why I haven’t written about our trip to Germany…

We’ve been back for 3 weeks now, and I haven’t written a thing. For me, this is of course unusual…
But here’s the situation: Though I left Germany 3 weeks ago, Germany hasn’t left me alone; more specifically, one German in particular. One that I have never met in person, but whose words are messing my head up on a daily basis.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer is his name, and his book “The Cost of Discipleship” is what is tormenting me. Literally. I have NEVER before read a book that I have to keep putting down every couple of pages. (I have been reading and reading pages 59-62 for a week now)

This book is like trying to pick a rose. A huge and very beautiful and fragrant rose with thorns sharper than razor blades… Literally every touch cuts, and cuts deep.
But it is worth it.
I am being challenged, edified, encouraged, broken and strengthened
ALL AT ONCE…..
Good Book, I tell you.
No…
This is a GREAT BOOK, but it is not for the weak nor for the faint of heart!
Buy it here

Thank me later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lisa C. Pemberton 1964-2011

Examining the tithe

Thabiti or T.D. what do 'we' folk prefer?